Tuesday, 31 January 2012

how to distort a text in illustrator 5

Hi I need help with fitting a text in a trapeze perspective shape, but I can't figure it out how to do it.. I'm looking for the same effect that the Photoshop transform distort tool does.. I spent hours looking at tutorials, and I can't find the right one as the text is not keeping the perspective nor the spaces between the letters.. any suggestions? I tried the shear tool, also I outlined the text, created a bounding box around the text, grouped the two then selected the free transform tool, dragged the corner, hold ctrl to adjust the text to the shape and it's taking forever to adjust the text to the shape with a sloppy result that takes an awful amount of time.. I'm under pressure right now as I need to get this sorted quick... In other words I would really appreciate any sort of help..

No comments: