Studio Acca the best hair salon in London

Wow, what a day!

If you don't know me, well let me tell you that I have very long hair and I am quite particular when I cut it, because I want to keep it symmetrical, long and healthy.

Yes, you are right, that got me to almost an OCD point after numerous failed haircuts at Headmasters, Supercuts, various local salons, some higher-priced than others, some cheaper ones, Groupon offers, senior stylists, some average ones etc.

To me, the rule is I tell the stylist what I am after, and show Pinterest photos or make reference to a celebrity, etc and we consult and agree on the outcome. In theory, this should work fine, but in practice, my waist-long hair got cut to the armpit length, or I ended up with a fringe without wanting one, or the layers on the left side of the head were longer than the right side, or one side of the head was shorter than the other and so on. It kept on repeating until I decided that I would do a better job.

So I watched youtube videos and learned how to trim my hair, make layers, cut a curtain fringe, yet it got to a point where the hair was too long and I could only do a certain haircut. I needed a change.

I asked around my friends and I was told that I should try to go to a Japanese hair salon. Apparently, Japanese stylists are very patient, meticulous and are the best at cutting long straight hair. After some googling, I came across Kissable in Soho.

I was so nervous and asked to cut only 2 cm from the length, some layers on top and keep a U shape, with no fringe. I was on the chair for 2 hours. The lady took strand by strand to make sure all was symmetrical. I was pleasantly pleased by the result. Next time I wanted to book with the same lady I was told that she moved back to Japan, so I got booked with the new girl who also gave me a nice haircut. I kept her name and on the third time, I wanted to book I found out the salon closed down. For 2 years I kept cutting my own hair again and asked my friends to trim it where I couldn't.

Out of a random conversation I came to find out about a new Japanese hair salon in Chalk Farm Studio Acca. My friend had a wonderful haircut done by Sam. I was so excited that I booked the haircut right away.



The salon is only 4min away from the Chalk Farm tube station. It is small and has a modern minimalist feel. As soon as you walk in you get that cozy feeling. When I went it was so cold and wet outside. Inside it was nice and warm, smelling beautifully of flowers.

The salon has only two employees and I think they are the owners as well. Sam was very patient and reassured me he would cut exactly as much and how I wanted and he would check with me as we went along.

After he washed my hair with this gorgeous smelling shampoo and conditioner, he gave me a toning head massage. What I liked is that as I was having my hair washed the chair went horizontal and he covered me with a blanket. In the background was playing soft jazz music by Jean Frye Sidwell. Gosh, I felt spoiled. The 10 minutes or more that this took, I was already super relaxed. Sam spent 2 hours on my haircut, with the hair washing, head massage, haircut, blowdry, dry haircut, and some hair treatment. He ended with a shoulder massage.

I am telling you that this is the place to go. Personally, I will continue to come as long as they keep Studio Acca open. Such a nice service, kindness, and most importantly a perfect haircut. I couldn't be happier. So pleased with my new haircut.



Comments

Shabana Sheikh said…
Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also Hair salon ne portland
silent.john said…
Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Chair rental London

Popular posts from this blog

How to assemble your Wacom Intuos pen

Wacom Intuos4 pen stylus repair

How to fix your Wacom Intuos4 pen stylus