My Dry Fasting Experience

 "You can't get to courage, without walking through vulnerability"

 Brene Brown



This is my experience after 30 days of weekly dry fasting.


Back in mid-February, I decided for each Monday to not eat nor drink until the next day afternoon. Usually, my last meal is on Sunday and ends by 8 pm. From this point until Tuesday 12 am there are 40h.

What I've noticed:

Week 1 - Mild headaches, a bit of thirst sensation during mid-day and some cravings around the evening time. No sleeping disturbance.
On Tuesday my wee changed to an orange colour, a sign that I entered autophagy. Cleaner skin. Alert and focused most of the day and lots of energy. Flat belly.

Week 2 - Mild headaches, no thirst, and cravings in the evening. I started to feel sleepy by 7 pm, but I went to bet at 10pm and would wake up at 5 am. Orange wee on Tuesday. Cleaner skin. Alert and focused most of the day and lots of energy. Whiter nails. Flat belly.

Week 3 - No headaches, no thirst, mild cravings for fries later in the day. My body was feeling chili. I started to get sleepy by 5 pm, but would go to bed at 10.30 pm. I wake up very early such as 3 am. Cleaner skin. Belly is flat.

Week 4 - No headaches, no thirst, but a craving for mustard. I ate as usual at 12 am, but I was not hungry nor thirsty, so I could have lasted longer. My body was feeling unusually hot. I am not feeling tired, yet I tried to go to bed at 12 pm, but went asleep at 2 am. I wake up very late such as 8 or 9 am. Flat belly and skin texture changes, is more radiant.

Week 5 - No headaches, no thirst, no cravings, no hunger, sleeping started to adjust so I am feeling tired by 9.30 pm and waking up around 6 - 7 am. I started to take electrolytes after which makes a difference, as I feel a surge of energy instantly. I guess at this point my body adapted to this change.

Post fasting - This is the same each time. When I drink water, I feel very energised, but not hungry. When I eat my mouth palate hurts for the first few bites which is quite uncomfortable. I always start with an orange, then I eat a large portion of salad with mixed leaves, nutritional yeast, all sorts of seeds, nuts, olives, chillies, blueberries, pears and 3 scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese. The next meal is around 4 pm. I eat grilled chicken or fish with a big salad, or rice or potatoes. It varies. Fruits and nuts during the day and my favourite coconut flour mixed with cacao, honey and creme fresh.

I might have missed a few things as they happened, but I think I covered the main points.

Disclaimer: The fasting endurance varies from person to person. Read more about it to fully understand how to benefit from these methods based on your individual body, and to avoid causing any health problems.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to assemble your Wacom Intuos pen

Wacom Intuos4 pen stylus repair

How to fix your Wacom Intuos4 pen stylus